Get a Clear Plan That Gets You Better, Faster
One-on-One Physiotherapy in Edmonton by Highly Trained Physiotherapists
“Physiotherapists are experts on how your body moves and what stops it from moving. As movement specialists, physiotherapists will use a hands-on approach to help you restore, maximize and maintain movement for the rest of your life.”
– Physiotherapy Alberta
What do Physiotherapists Do?
Physiotherapists are the experts in the diagnosis and management of conditions within their scope of practice. They help assess, diagnose, and treat physical symptoms caused by injuries, aging, life demands, or health conditions. They help alleviate pain, improve function, and increase performance. They help people understand their condition and teach them how to get well, stay well, and improve their quality of life.
Physiotherapists are an authority on the prescription of exercise and other techniques to help restore movement and optimal function. Sessions can include hands on treatment, such as joint and muscle mobilization and manipulation, exercise, functional training, education, therapeutic taping, acupuncture, dry needling, and modality application based on each patient’s needs.
How is a Physiotherapist part of my healthcare team?
Physiotherapists are an essential part of the Canadian healthcare system for the care and management of musculoskeletal conditions. Many surgeons require prospective patients to be screened by a physiotherapist prior to their appointment. Physiotherapists can also refer you for imaging such as X-rays, Ultrasound, or MRI, and can arrange for specialist appointments if needed. Let us help you take charge of your body and get you moving again!
Why Choose Coeur Physiotherapy?
Our focus at Coeur Physiotherapy is on providing the highest caliber of physiotherapy in Edmonton. Our private treatment rooms, modern facility, and our One-on-One Care Promise create an optimal environment to get you better as quickly as possible.
All of our physiotherapists are pursuing the highest credentials in the field and utilize tools and techniques based on the latest research. We are not swayed by treatment ‘trends’. Our therapists follow the latest research supported guidelines and are on the leading edge of turning research into practice. Trust us, you want to be treated by the ‘nerds’ of the profession!
What can Physiotherapy Treat?
Some of the conditions we treat are:
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Tendonitis and other tendon injuries
- Arthritis, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Sciatica and degenerative disc disease
- Scar tissue management
- Strains and sprains
- Running Injuries
- Frozen Shoulder, aka adhesive capsulitis
- Tennis Elbow and Golfer’s Elbow
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (PFPS)
- Plantar’s Fasciitis and other heel and foot pain
- TMJ/TMD issues (jaw pain), temporomandibular disorders
- Rotator Cuff tears and tendon injuries and other shoulder injuries
- Knee and Hip arthritis
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
- Pre-Surgical Rehabilitation (Prehab)
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Joint Dislocations
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand Injuries (Hand Therapy)
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
- Concussion – Acute and Chronic
- Vertigo, Dizziness, and Balance disorders
- Chronic Pain Syndromes, Fibromyalgia
Contact Us if you have any questions about whether physiotherapy could help you!
Visit our FAQ page for answers to many other common questions about physiotherapy in edmonton.